Healthy and Flavorful Dessert Any Time of Year:
This is one of my favorite recipes. I make it with any fruit that tastes good in a pie, but it is healthier because it does not have all the crust that is so full of calories. I make it for holiday time with apples and cranberries or apples and pears, or during the summer with peaches, cherries, apricots and nectarines. Everything I have tried tastes good with the topping. The topping can be made with butter or margarine, that it’s suitable for lactose intolerant individuals. You can lower the amount of sugar to your taste, or substitute Splenda. This is a very versatile dessert.
3 cups cored, peeled and chopped Apples
2 cups Blueberries
1/2 cup Granulated Sugar
1/3 cup Flour
1/4 cup Brown Sugar, firmly packed in the measuring cup
3 tablespoons Margarine or Butter, softened
1 cup Regular Oats
1 cup chopped Pecans
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Coat an 8″ X 8″ glass cooking dish with cooking spray.
- Put the apples and blueberries in the glass cooking dish and mix.
- Sprinkle evenly with the granulated sugar.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour and brown sugar together.
- Cut in the margarine or butter with a pastry blender or two knives until the mixture looks like coarse meal. I also have used my standing mixer with the paddle blade successfully.
- Stir in the oats and nuts.
- Sprinkle over the fruit in the glass cooking dish.
Bake for 25 minutes or until bubbly.
Let us know if you have any other fruit desserts you like and let us know how this one works for you!
Call Us Now Toll Free 888-972-2300